The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Alcohol Toxemia Eve

backyard
Spending New Year’s in the Pacific Northwest, as witnessed by the fact that the view from the kitchen window isn’t the kitchen window of the middle aged Russian woman next door who spends most of her time chopping onions and bellowing into the phone trapped under her chin like a sorely tempted sinner trying to shout down the devil perched on her shoulder.
In other, happier news, I spoke to s.z. yesterday, and her New Years Resolution is to get back to more regular blogging, as soon as she recovers from a minor but painful show-shoveling injury. So let me take this opportunity to pass along her heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributed to the upkeep of the Island of Misfit Animals that’s taken over her house.
And let me offer my own appreciation to the many loyal and tolerant readers who’ve stuck with Wo’C during the frequent periods of light posting. S.z and I are aiming to provide markedly improved customer service in 2008, just as soon as we conclude our outsourcingstaffing agreement with Channarayapatra & Vijayagopalan ofThiruvananthapurammMuncie, Indiana, Purveyors of Fine Snark since 1813.
AddThis
Posted by scott on Monday, December 31st, 2007 at 3:27 pm.

7 Responses to “Happy Alcohol Toxemia Eve”

to more ‘crap ‘n ’08….
thanks for the laughs….HNY
One of the joys of aging in a northern climate: “Snow shoveling injuries.” May they all be minor.
Hoppy Noo Yearz to you too, sahib! Oh yesyesyes…
Hell, it’s not like we’re subscribers or anything. Blog when you got it. And I hope S.Z.’s shoulder is better by the time the next lot of homeless critters gets dumped on her. I’ve been trying to pill an extremely uncooperative cat twice a day for the last month using just one arm, so I sympathize.
Happy New Year, all of you. Someone drink something with funny colored layers for me, will you?
Happy Holidays to you, s.z, and all the critters. I came sooo close to adopting a stray kitten – only the thought of Mistress Maggie torturing the poor thing kept me from taking her home. I don’t know how you handle all those orphans.
What is bumburbia?
I’m so happy that I don’t have snow shoveling injuries anymore. I used to live in Colorado and have bit the ice more times than I’d like to admit. I actually fractured my hand falling down on ice trying to shovel snow. Now I’m in sunny Houston and don’t have those issues anymore… Good Luck.
-Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment