The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

When Ann Coulter Was Just A Twink In Her Father’s Eye

Marq in the comments below had this to say about Ann’s latest effort to squeeze yet another
“Oh No She DI-uhn’t” from an increasingly blasé constituency:
For someone who exists on a diet of outrage provoked in others, she’s reached that unfortunate point of rapidly diminishing returns. L’il Awrful Annie will have to reach deeper and deeper into her bucket of muck, searching for some horridly vile term with which to insult people…

After all, pointing and yelling, “Faggot!” isn’t all that dangerous. Gays are still a relatively safe minority to mock. A handful of newspapers will end up dropping her “column,” because *this* of all things will finally clue them in to the fact that mAnn’s a hatemonger (!). So, maybe she’ll progress to calling Governor Richardson a “spic,” or barak Obama the “n”-word. One can only hope.
Well, that’s how Ann keeps her wraith-like, cocktail dress-friendly figure, since the Outrage Diet is low in saturated fat (she’s both The Scarecrow and Mrs. King!).  And Marq is exactly right; because “faggot” is still a relatively safe slur in much of the country (and almost a form of punctuation in the average junior high school), Ann’s use of the term will not only slip past without consequences, it will ensure that of the many tedious and tendentious speeches issued at the Conservative Political Action Conference, hers are the only words that will be remembered.

But Marq is also right that Ann may find the Law of Diminishing Returns a bit tougher to flout than, say, the statutes governing voting and registration in Palm Beach County, Florida.  She can get away with calling Al Gore “a total fag,” as she did, per Media Matters, on the July 27 edition of Hardball.  But raising the rhetorical ante any further will require a bit more finesse than she’s displayed thus far.  I don’t believe she can get away with simply calling Barack Obama the N-word, even though that loathsome animadversion also remains in far wider circulation than we care to admit.  Instead, I predict she’ll use her patented technique of deploying a racial slur, then accusing the offended parties of racism, and immediately scrambling for the high ground at Golgotha:
I do want to point out one thing that has been driving me crazy with the media, how they keep describing Mitt Romney’s position as being “pro-gays, and that’s going to upset right-wingers.” Well, you know, screw you, I’m not anti-gay. We’re against gay marriage. I don’t want gays to be discriminated against. I mean, I think we have, in addition to blacks, I don’t know why all gays aren’t Republicans.
It’s almost like these nancy-boys can’t figure out who their real friends are.  Stupid knob-gobblers.
I think we have the pro-gay position, which is anti-crime and for tax cuts. Gays make a lot of money, and they’re victims of crime.
…primarily commited by the kind of people who vote Republican.  But thanks to our tax cuts, they’ll still have plenty of money left over to pay for reconstructive surgery and physical therapy after we eliminate same-sex domestic partner benefits like health insurance

And blacks, as Ann never tires of declaiming, should join the GOP to escape the condescending racism of the Democratic Party.  So when the exigencies of the marketplace finally require her to kick it up a notch, she’ll find some way to eat her cake and call someone a nigger, too.  “Can you imagine Barack Obama as Vice President to Hillary?  They’d treat him like he was the ‘house nigger’ on a plantation, dress him up in a butler suit, call him ‘Uncle Barack,’ and let him answer the front door.”

There would follow the usual expressions of outrage from the left blogosphere, defensive protestations that it was just “a joke!” from Ann and her supporters, and more TV appearances the next time she has a book to flack.  But even though there are still a few sensitivities she has yet to trample, I can’t help feeling that Ann has already hit the wall, in much the same way Bill O’Reilly and even Rush Limbaugh has.  They’re not growing concerns, they’re providers of a niche fetish.  And within their niche, they all do quite well.  As do the makers of German schwanger and schiesse videos, but neither one of those seems poised to break out and become a nationwide craze like the hula-hoop.

There was a time when Limbaugh was inescapable; if he wasn’t on the radio in every city he was on TV, either his own syndicated show, or some ostensibly respectable network program. But now, as with Ann, I only remember he exists when he says something unusually stupid. They all have a dedicated fanbase, but that audience is becoming more calcified and impermeable, encouraging their act to become ever more incestuous and Escheresque, until the whole experience for a potential newcomer is pretty much like trying to watch Lost by starting in the middle of the third season.

Or maybe we’re being too cynical. Perhaps there’s some deep-seated trauma in Ann’s past that compels her to act out like the Chris Cooper character in American Beauty. And indeed, a cursory investigation does indicate a common theme to Ann’s cries of “faggot!” In short, her belief that dead children turn you gay.
Edwards has talked about his son’s death in a 1996 car accident on “Good Morning America,” in dozens of profiles and in his new book. (“It was and is the most important fact of my life.”) His 1998 Senate campaign ads featured film footage of Edwards at a learning lab he founded in honor of his son, titled “The Wade Edwards Learning Lab.” He wears his son’s Outward Bound pin on his suit lapel. He was going to wear it on his sleeve, until someone suggested that might be a little too “on the nose.”
If you want points for not using your son’s death politically, don’t you have to take down all those “Ask me about my son’s death in a horrific car accident” bumper stickers? Edwards is like a politician who keeps announcing that he will not use his opponent’s criminal record for partisan political advantage. I absolutely refuse to mention the name of my dearly beloved and recently departed son killed horribly in a car accident, which affected me deeply, to score cheap political points.
Al Gore increased the stakes, becoming not only a faggot, because his son was injured in an accident, but “a total fag” when he added a dead sister to the mix:
Democrats can’t tell us their ideas until after the election. Instead, their version of a political campaign is to stage a “Queen for a Day” extravaganza — which has special resonance in the case of the Democrats.
Al Gore famously inaugurated the family tragedy routine at the 1992 Democratic National Convention, where his idea of an inspiring political speech was to recount the story of his son being hit by a car. At the 1996 convention, Gore told a tear-jerker about his sister’s long, painful death from lung cancer. It got to the point that Gore’s family members had to fear any more runs for higher office.
I haven’t heard of Ann calling Howard Dean a big tinsel-tied sachet of gaywad, but he too had the effrontery to be touched by a death in the family:
Howard Dean talks about his brother Charlie’s murder at the hands of North Vietnamese communists. Bizarrely, after working on the failed George McGovern campaign, Charlie Dean went to Indochina in 1974 to witness the ravages of the war he had opposed. Not long after he arrived, the apparently ungrateful communists captured and killed him. Hey fellas! I’m on your s– CLUNK!
Ann hasn’t yet clarified her position on whether having a dead child turns a woman into a lesbian, but you’ll recall that she’s had it up to here with weeping widows:
“I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much,” Coulter writes in her new book.
“These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis,” Coulter writes.
“And by the way, how do we know their husbands weren’t planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they’d better hurry up and appear in Playboy. . .
Hm.  Maybe I should fill out that subscription card.  Because while Time, NBC, CNN, and the rest of the MSM routinely fails me, Playboy is the one venue where I can be reasonably sure that I will never see Ann.  Unless they do a Girls of Snake Mountain issue…

Nice to have you back, Scott. Hope you’re feeling better.
It sounds like you’re feeling better, anyway.
Ann, honey, I think I know what “the pro-gay position” is, and the GOP ain’t close. The “gay pro” position they got, apparently, but only by the hour, and only when no one’s looking.
“bizzarly…went to witness the ravages of the war he had opposed”
In Ann Coulter’s world, seeing the ravages of war makes you pro-war.
It’s hard to imagine how she could get any nastier, and yet she always manages to be. Tho I thought her faggot comment rather lame. Boy, is she ugly! The sexy clothes and attitude only makes her look worse. Since Rupug guys like that, one can’t be surprized by Jeff Gannon.
Going by mAnn’s “dead child = teh ghey”-thing, wouldn’t that mean… that… Rick Santorum is a great, big pooftah‽‽‽” E-freaking-gads!! I did not want to know that.
P.S. As someone mentioned on Atrios, I believe, at the moment, there’s a lovely picture of mAnn up at the Huffington Post (circa March 3rd) as a shrieking harpy, though that incarnation really belongs to Atlas Pam.
My personal theory is that Anna Nicole Smith was Ann Coulter’s “Dorian Grey” body, and it had all the food, six, children and elderly, elderly men Ann would like to have, but doesn’t, due to ideological reasons. Why is Ann still alive, then? IT IS A MYSTERY!!1!
Not “six,” damn it–SEX! Sex, damn it! I saw it just as I hit the “Submit” button! Feh! Feh! FEH!!1!
Actually, I’m kinda surprised one could say “gays are safe to mock”, after the big blowup over that stupid Snickers commercial (which wasn’t even mocking gays in the first place). Maybe safer,, but…
ech anyway it begs the question, how does she get away with it at all. The mind boggles.
I’ve figured out what bothers me about that photo. Ann’s on the wrong side of the shark. To be fair, the shark shouldn’t even be in the picture anymore.
Ann Coulter was weaned on a sewer rat! Vile is too kind a word to describe her. She needs to go back to the sewers where she belongs.
[...] Original post by scott and software by Elliott Back   [...]
Coulter reminds me of a line from King Lear when Edgar is generally screwed six ways to Sunday and he says:
“the worst is not
So long as we can say ‘This is the worst.’
Of course, he is anticipating now getting screwed seven ways to Sunday.
Everytime I think Coulter can’t be more despicable, vile and loathsome, she outdoes herself. Isn’t there some kind of equivalent to Mr. Creosote so at some point she will literally explode from her own bile? She’ll go for that last vicious “wahffer-theen meent.” With luck she will be on Fox when it happens.
I know you’ll probably just make fun of me for saying this, but don’t you think all this talk about how Ann is really a man and that’s disgusting, trans people are disgusting, is also wrong? I wish you wouldn’t use it, there are so many other fine ways to insult her.
I hope Edwards makes boatloads of money off of:
“Ann Coulter’s Ugly Crack.”
OK, OK, the “mAnn Coulter” and “Adam’s Apple Annie” bits are – admittedly – cheap-ass cracks, and nearly beneath any thinking person…
BUT…
[boy, am I gonna get in trouble for this]
…considering the trade AC deals in, literally ANY insult tossed her way is fine by me. And, yes, yea, I know that yelling, “Tranny, tranny!” isn’t any better than yelling, “Scat-nosed limpy-wristed fagwad!!1!”
OTOH, just who are the trans-whatever supposed to appeal to? On the rare, rare occasions in which they’ve looked enough like a woman to fool me (even in dim bar lighting), that totally turns me off. And when they look anywhere from a bit off to way-over-teh-top off, all that wig and makeup and rouge turn me off. Hell, even when I’ve run into an attractive, seemingly-masculine guy who turns out to be wearing women’s panties, it turns me off like a switch was thrown. So, who are these people trying to attract? Not me, since I’m looking for a head-to-toe guy (and, no, not one who turns out to have a clitoris). I assume the target varies by the person targeting, anything from closeted bisexuals to other cross-dressers. Many of the actual sex-change people, as opposed to the cross-dressers, might be looking for an ostensibly “straight” person of the newly-minted opposite sex.
BTW, currently, there’s a headline on CNN about the Coulter thing, and it says there’s controversy about her “gay smear.” WTF‽ Her intent wasn’t to smear gays… not that she likes gays, but she was trying to insult John Edwards. Why does CNN hat teh faghz‽!?‽
Well, I wouldn’t trash tans people. In fact, I once saw a female-to-male transsexual I found kinda hot, in a documentary Lee Grant directed that aired on cable a long time ago (can’t recall the title, or his name.)
I only question Ann’s gender because she says so many misogynistic things, it’s as if she’s unaware that she’s a woman. She doesn’t live up to the standards by which she judges other women, and appears to wish she were “one of the guys”.
And honestly-she DOES look kinda like a drag queen, except real drag queens have more class-and fewer issues. Plus, a real drag queen could kick her ass.
Um…”TRANS people”, not “tans people”, though I wouldn’t trash them either.
Marq,
There are in this world folks who are into dudes who look like ladies. Just…google. It’s a bit unsettling to contemplate at first, but hey, that’s what makes the world go ’round, I suppose. I used to live in Florida and, for a time, dated a girl from Key West. We went down there for some festival or another, and walking around, I saw all these drop-dead gorgeous women. My ladyfriend would point out a particularly stunning one and say, “That’s a guy.” No way, I’d say, but lo and behold, we’d get a little bit closer and, sure enough, dude looks like a lady.
I am a big dumbass country boy and don’t know from things like that. Back then – almost 10 years ago – I knew even less. It was indeed a revelation on a number of levels, particularly trying to wrap my mind around some cat taping up his boys so there’s no unsightly bulge whilest wearing his thong. Apparently, that just spoils the whole thing.
And for whatever it’s worth, I don’t think calling Coulter a “trans” in any sort of combination of words is a nice thing to do. In my mind, it’s basically saying, “Hey, you suck because you’re just like Group X, all of whom suck without question.” Got nothing to do with Coulter, but I’d hate to think some basically decent transexual or transvestive thought I hated his/her guts because he/she heard me compare him/her to Ann Coulter.
It’s just not a nice thing to do, so I don’t do it, but that’s just me. I realize politics is a dirty game and I realize someone as vile and asreprehensible and, frankly, as useless as human being as Coulter is doesn’t deserve a modicum of respect, even the barest of civility (which isn’t even directed at her). But I’m not Ann Coulter and, frankly, I see that as a bonus.
That’s just me, though. I don’t presume beyond that.
Mahn Dearie,
YAWN! Ho-hum. Snore. Snooze.
Her “wit” is on a par with an audience member from the Rush Limbaugh teevee show – arid, tired, flacid and CANCELED.
Expecting Republicans to be trapped in the bait n switch they’ve created for our side is not going to happen. These dicks do fake moral outrage well because they own the media.
When the Dems try to get some signs of decency and accountability out of these America fucking perps, they sound like Olive Oyls’ pappy wandering round the house droning, “you owe me an apology.”
Don’t hold your breath waiting for their rules to apply to them. They’re only meant to apply to us.
It’s way past time for a change in that losing dynamic.
Another stroke…
I do know a couple female-to-male transsexuals, though I’ve never been able to figure out a way to ask them about it that I was comfortable with. There is, to my mind anyway, a strikingly large number of them in/from Athens. I am curious as to the whys, but beyond the general “Hey, that’s what they wanna do, it makes ‘em happy, which makes me happy and beyond that, it’s none of my damn business”, I find it difficult to wrap my head around the concept.
In college, I had my first experiences with lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transvestites, transsexuals, polyamorists and all mannerisms of romantic travelers. As I said, I’m a dumbass country boy from rural Misssissippi, and we just don’t have such things there, not out in public anyway. It all fascinated me and I asked a lot of people questions about why they did what they did, how they felt about it and how they felt about how society viewed them. I realize now that in my big dumbass (but well-intentioned) country boy way, I was sometimes less-than-respectful of people in my questioning, and I wish to avoid that with my friends who’ve decided that they’d rather be men than women. It’s just a general curiosity, ’cause that’s what I do, wonder about things. In any event, my friends make their choices and when their choices make them happy, that’s all I care about. What I don’t understand don’t matter, really.
There is one thing, though. Two of ‘em have hit on me, and both were post-female. One of ‘em was pretty overt, flat out asking if I wanted to go home with him. I have to admit, the proposition resulted into a crashing derailment to my train of thought that my body language failed miserably to hide. My friend, however, was cool with it and revealed that he’d had a crush on me since before he was a he.
That was something of a stunner, too, since he was a pretty heavy duty “openly dyke”* lesbian when he was a she. I look like Willie Nelson, circa the Red-Headed Stranger album. That don’t make no sense a’tall to me, but it is always nice to know someone actually would have sex with you when you’re as astoundingly unattractive as I am.
* Apologies to George Carlin.
Anna, I don’t know that anyone’s going to make fun of you. They shouldn’t. It’s a legitimate concern, and one that’s been addressed repeatedly here and elsewhere.

This is one of those things we do get into a lot. Myself, I’m schizophrenic. And personally, I think Dubya Bush is, too, among other toys in his attic. Of course, I know that schizophrenia is not some sort of character flaw: in the invaluable words of Leo the Lop, “Normal is what you are!” And I accept that Bush’s biggest problem is likely to be a completely different issue, like, you know, the fact that he’s an asshole. And it could be argued that schizophrenic people and the otherwise mentally ill have enough social stigma without trying to tie George Bush to them. In fact, I’ve argued that. But that doesn’t mean it’s automatically untrue.

The thing is, Coulter, like it or not, in addition to being an incredibly vicious person, does have obvious gender issues, the misogyny and ambiguous personal habits being the biggest ones for me.
I don’t personally like to go after her for her admittedly somewhat masculine appearance, but after the string of fag comments she’s known for, I’m not really willing to chew out those who do. And I don’t actually entirely think it’s fair to go after people for their appearance anyway, but Coulter has made any number of comments on other peoples’ appearances. Sauce for the goose, as they say.

I’m also aware that a number of women firmly believe that women shouldn’t have been allowed the vote, and that being a misogynist woman is not *necessarily* a pointer to gender identity issues.
Not to mention that who people date or sleep with is for the most part none of my business, except where Coulter has spent the last several years attempting to make it *everyone’s* business who other people date or sleep with.

I’m still further aware that you are not defending Coulter but pointing out that it’s an insult to the transgendered to be lumped with her, which is both fair and thoughtful and should be treated as a reasonable comment. Though it is also pretty funny, but I tend to find a lot of social stigmas funny while vehemently disputing the underlying stereotype, so I hope you’re not offended. But it doesn’t seem to me to be too likely that any of the regulars here will actively make fun of you for your comment, though some may be irritated at having to debate it again. That’s not your fault, nor really your problem, I don’t think.

My point here, which will be apparent to everybody who knows me, is that I haven’t got a clue how to resolve this debate. To be fair, I’ve seen this argument on literally dozens of blogs, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone make a case that created a consensus stance. I somewhat doubt anyone ever will, or that we’ll all develop a coherent position on whether calling Dubya crazy is an insult to the mentally ill, or calling people chickenhawks is wrong, or making fat jokes is inherently intolerant, or any of a million other occasions where genuinely sympathetic people sincerely feel that something is needlessly hurtful to any particular group that the original comment may not have focused on.

But at least we’re capable of having these discussions, and trying to see different points of view, and trying to determine if our attitudes could be more empathetic towards each other as humans. Which, incidentally, is what I’ve always defined as “being PC”–basic manners and attempts at genuine understanding. People like Coulter assume that it is a straightjacket we try to force on each other to make everyone conform. It’s not. It’s a handrail down the extremely steep and dark, cluttered stairs that is a diverse society.

It’s that lack of understanding that makes Coulter what she is, and that makes so many of us want to respond to her in kind. Turning the other cheek is hard enough, but when we start discussing how tolerant we have to be toward the intolerant, it can seem like nothing more than a trap.

On the off chance someone does make fun of you for your comments, which I hope they don’t, haven’t seen anyone do, and don’t think they will, that may be why.

I’m not a lot of help, am I?
OK, I admit it. My previous comment was throwing a grenade into a henhouse, as it were. Feathers were bound to be ruffled.
And, yes, I know perfectly well why different people are attracted to each other, even tranny grannies and fatty Mclardingtons; and it’s different strokes for dif-no, strike that. The reason is exactly the same in everyone: it’s because of the way we’re wired. And, yes, as Matt T. noted above, unless someone is putting on a heck of an acting job, body language nearly always gives the game away. In my life, I’ve learned two extremely useful things: 1.) Hitting on really, really straight guys is pretty damned useless. Even if they’re drunk.
2.) There are a lot of bisexual people.
A.
Lot.
Perhaps I’ll tone things down a little so as not to accidently insult a group I don’t intend to insult… like fatties. But, everyone, keep in mind that in future, any insults hurled Ann Coulter’s way are intended solely for Ann “herself.”
Ah, fuck!
Oh, and from my previous comment… “Why does CNN hat teh faghz‽!?‽” should have been “Why does CNN hate teh faghz‽!?‽” Correcting typos is a hobby of mine during teh winter months…
…and during the summer, too.
Woo! Between me, D. Sidhe, and Matt T., it’s Long Comment Night™ here at WO’C!!1! Wooooo!!1!!!1!eleventy-one!
Well Marq and Sildhe, as a feminist, I heart what you say. Might I add, that if you’re not part of the problem (that is self described progressive boys hurling epithets used traditionally against people they purport to defend) then, you needn’t apologize.
I’ve seen and participated in the worn out discussions on some femmy blogs about the coulter-sadly discussions. The same ole same ole. We needn’t dredge it all up here.
I also have to say that the initial post did very well at sticking to the issue and not denigrating into that shit bucket of privileged progressive boy misogyny – “I can say it cause I use it this way and not that way and you understand right?”
Just to add also that I understand about Coulter’s misogyny, but only a woman so wrapped up in patriarchal cellophane would not hear everyday, dripping from another woman’s mouth, misogyny that would make Rush boy proud. We feminists oft wonder ourselves and must pause to remember that it only indicates how far women have yet to come.
And please spare me about out getting the vote, I mean can we stop thanking men for that which they never really ‘gave’ us already?
damn it, typing on a laptop keyboard caused me to hit enter when I meant to edit.
[...] Tying it all together, you wonder?  Ann is on TV a lot.  But her schtick groweth old, and the lovely people at World O’ Crap put her problem succinctly. [...]
If you ask me, it seems that Ann suffers from a little something called “Serena Joy Syndrome”. Much like the fictional character in “The Handmaid’s Tale”, Ann is probably anti-women because it gives her power, attention, and pats on the back from the men on her side and all while believing that the rules she imposes on others will never apply to her. And when Serena’s side won, she lost everything she took for granted: her job, any independant accounts, and her freedom.
>> Actually, I’m kinda surprised one could say “gays are safe to mock”, after the big blowup over that stupid Snickers commercial (which wasn’t even mocking gays in the first place). Maybe safer,, but…
Gah, weird formatting. Sorry.
Actually, I’m kinda surprised one could say “gays are safe to mock”, after the big blowup over that stupid Snickers commercial (which wasn’t even mocking gays in the first place). Maybe safer,, but…
See, here’s the thing about that Snickers blowback. On the blogosphere, the big reaction was against the commercial for perceived homophobia. But in the real world, most of the complaints I was hearing came from people who were disgusted at them having allowed two men to kiss on-screen (and that includes the reactions of the football players they recorded and posted on the Snickers website). So it’s kind of hard to tell which crowd it was that really overreacted the most.
Yo, Marq, mi amigo, tread carefully. You wander the minefield, you can end up sauted. If I’ve learned anything in the last couple of days on the t00bz, it’s that the the right wing does not have exclusivity over the looney brigade.
Yonder there be monsters!!
mikey
Ann strikes me almost as a character from an H. P. Lovecraft story. As the years go on, she becomes crazier and crazier, eventually devolving into a gibbering maniac intent on preparing the world for the Old Ones’ return. The more press exposure she gets, the more she feels the need to be “outrageous”, continually upping the ante until she has no choice but to descend into howling obscurity.
Or at least, one can hope.
And while I admit that I snicker at the “mAnn” comments, none of the trans people I’ve met have ever been as socially maladjusted as Coulter. And most of them are prettier.
Well, now, of course, Republicans would never tout their families in campaigns, would they?
Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrre, Dick Cheney never talks about his (cue dancing card girls) LESBIAN DAUGHTER ever, of course?
No, of course not! Goodness knows Republicans would never trot out family for political points…
It’s an interesting gambit–you charge a politician with being a member of some group, and when you’re called on it, you say “Hey, I wasn’t bashing the group, I was bashing the politician!” Thus inviting your audience to overlook the fact that the comment about the politician can only be seen as “bashing” if the group you’ve lumped him in with is already scorned.
But the stranger aspect to this story is the venom toward Edwards and Gore for being survivors of family tragedies. Compare with her comments about World Trade Center widows, and the inescapable conclusion is that she’s prejudiced against the bereaved.
Is there even a name for that? Much less an explanation? Discuss amongst yourselves.
Well, trashfire, the only name for that I can come up with is ‘ASSHOLE’.
Here’s a present for s.z.: earlier today, for about a second, CNN ran a particularly “untalented transvestite”-looking pic of Ann. Yecch. Really captures the whole Coulter “look,” dunnit? Don’t know how long the link will work–if you *dare*!
…except, you can’t see her hands. Ah, well.
Matt T., I’ll bet you’re actually very cute. And articulate!
It also is a balm to one’s soul to find out that someone–someone, anyone!–finds you’re attractive. Some of the happiest moments in my twenties came when a few guys who’d been too shy to hit on me in high school finally did.
The idea of mAnn having sex with anyone, anything, makes me wince. Except for, perhaps, the Black & Decker portable power drill I have in the basement. The very idea of pimping a wild, sweet coupling between mAnn and the seldom-used drill here at Casa Biscuitbarrel makes me grin.
Hey, I live right here in Washington. Anything’s possible, right? Apart from interesting my fellow Biscuitbarrels in home repairs, that is?
Now, now. I’ve reconsidered: perhaps it is wrong of us mock Ann Coulter for her appearance. After all, she can’t help how she looks-it’s one the disadvantages of being the walking undead that she doesn’t cast a reflection. So let’s pity her, shall we?
My that picture of Anne brought back memories. Actually, nightmares of when I was hanging out with some pretty intense meth freaks back around 69. Walking dead, Bill S. Absolutely. But really wired walking dead. I sort of like that picture because it captures the utter vacancy of her soul. She looks so crazy in that picture, like she is just looking for a gerbil so she can gnaw on it’s head. Sorry, no pity.
not even for the gerbil?
Well, the gerbil, of course.
[...] World O Crap. Republicans, conservatives, let me ask: if she doesn’t speak for you, why is she still hired to speak to you? [...]
Elaine Boosler, standing in for Stephanie on The Stephanie Miller Show (radio) yesterday, proposed that from now on we all practice the phrase “Republican spokeswoman Ann Coulter.” Attach that descriptor to her name every time, and make them deny it.
Pleeeese! I’m so sick of seeing AC’s ugly face and chlorine hair when I check out your blog. Please put some kitty pics up! Or a picture of a toilet, or something…better.
… and another thing. Ms. Coulter has quite mannish features- that square jaw, adam’s apple, big square hands. But she wears a sexy black dress all the time, has dyed blond hair, and her ‘image’ is of a sex symbol. Therefore I think she is deserving of any and all ridicule, including being compared to a transvestite. Tho I can understand the transvestite being offended.
There’s something I’ve noticed recently, as Coulter has aged just a bit. She is a hick. Except for the blonde hair, she has the features of Daddy’s little Tobacco Road pump-puppet, complete with tits and ribs you can count. Photoshop her into some Tom Joad shit and you’ll see it. Her name is actually a dead giveaway (cp. Wendell Berry’s novel of 1940s redneckism in Kentucky, “Nathan Coulter” in which teachers are beaten for embarrassing “schoolkids” with hard questions).
Coulter’s face also appears (continually) about to break into heartrending “Shane”-like sobs. It’s in her eyes. When you Photoshop her into B&D suits, you energize her. But if you put her in a T-shirt with a Raggedy Ann in hand at the doorway of a trailer…her eyes are scanning the horizon for a Daddy who isn’t coming home.
Amen and amen again to D.Sidhe (as always), Marq, and especially Yaoi Huntress Earth.
But seeing the online nic which I adopted, lo, those many moons ago, I figure that I get to weigh in a bit, even at this late date.
To any and all whom I might have offended in all these years of demanding a recount on mAnn Coulter, St. Ann Of The Codpiece, et al, here’s how I feel about it: I wasn’t talking about YOU.
mAnn makes its/shim’s life’s “work” (that shim gets paid for such ignorance is a crime against shim’s beloved capitalism) by fomenting hatred, ignorance, violence, and all other things vastly wrong and evil. mAnn Coulter has not one original “thought” to foist upon the populace, not one actual concept beyond greed, hatred, etc., not one real true THING to offer the world. And of all of the human beings that shim likes to defame most, transsexuals/transgendered/homosexuals/bisexuals/etc. get it the worst. mAnn Coulter just absofuckinglutely LOVES to hurt people who’ve got it difficult enough in this lifetime and who’ve never done a fucking THING to shim, and frankly, if the 9/11 widows weren’t bad enough, to watch the way that shim slings around the word, “faggot” and so forth, to see how she refers to people of non-majority sexual identities as LESS THAN HUMAN ought to disgust every thinking person in this country.
You throw shit on people, you get shit back. Think of it as the Cliff’s Notes of Karma. I do not seek to defame drag queens, transsexuals, or anyone else of a non-majority sexuality (depending on who’s doing the counting) by calling mAnn Coulter out. And believe me, nothing would give me more joy than to OUT that asinine motherfucker, if we could just figure out what in the HELL that it IS. But to watch the way that this craven harpie shrieks about everybody ELSE’S sex lives (unless they’re republicunts and/or cath-o-licks, of course, ’cause no republicunts have EVER gotten kinky, fey, perverted, adulturous or anything else not dictated by the Old Testament, certainly!), well, Shim’s Askin’ For It.
I do not purport to suggest that we here are “doing gawd’s work” or “enforcing” instant karma on anyone, I merely suggest that how we treat mAnn Coulter seems, to me, a purely natural reaction to a singular creature of such unmittigated ignorance, gall, and undisguised hatred. You see something ugly/horrific, you make a horrified face. This is our natural reaction to that anorexic, Adam’s Appled nightmare. Which isn’t to say that we’re hereby condoning homophobia or any other forms of discrimination against people of non-hetero identities, certainly not.
We just absofuckinglutely LOATHE that monstrously ugly motherfucker, and we’re dying of curiosity to see what’s under the Grim Reaper’s hand-me-downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment