The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

What Is It About Matt Lewis That Attracts Teh Stupid?

Is it a subdural hematoma? Is it his boyish enthusiasm for oddly named sandwiches? Is it an odor?
Well, whatever it is, Matt’s not letting the miasma of idiocy that surrounds him at all times like a Grand Banks fog deter him from asking the questions that were even too stupid for Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopoulos:
In the 1990s, it was often noted that a great many of Bill Clinton’s friends were either dead or in jail.
Yeah, the same thing was often noted in the 1980s about Nelson Mandela’s friends. That joke never gets old…
Similarly, Barack Obama seems to curry favor with some very questionable characters … Granted, in some cases Obama disavows them (he sort of did this with Rev. Wright’s comments).
Yeah, he kinda gave a speech or somethin’.
In other cases, he has not sought their endorsement (such as anti-semite Louis Farrakhan) –
…but they’re both black, so they gotta know each other.
…but ultimately, people have to wonder what it is about Obama that attracts the support of Hamas, Communists, and domestic terrorists to him ….
That’s a pretty diverse group of interests, so I’m going to guess that Obama is either a uniter, not a divider, or maybe it’s his Hai Karate.
This subject came up in last night’s debate when a question was asked about Bill Akers. Obama served on a board for an anti-poverty group with Bill Akers of the Weather Underground.
To be fair, Obama misheard the introductions and thought he was meeting Angus MacLise of the Velvet Underground.
But of course, he’s a changed man, right? Wrong: In 2001, he told the New York Times, “I don’t regret the bombings.” Last night, Obama responded to questions about this by saying,
This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who’s a professor of English in Chicago who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He’s not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
… But, of course, they don’t really know each other that, well, right? Well, last February Obama’s Chief StrategistDavid Axelrod told Politico’s Ben Smith this:
“Bill Ayers lives in his neighborhood. Their kids attend the same school … They’re certainly friendly, they know each other, as anyone whose kids go to school together.” (Ben Smith, “Ax On Ayers,” The Politico’s “Ben Smith” Blog,www.politico.com, 2/26/08)
Well, I was going to support Obama, before Matt provided this incontrovertible evidence of the Senator’s chicanery: Obama says that Bill Akers lives in his neighborhood and he knows him, and Obama’s own Chief Strategist stabs him in the back by confirming his account! But for some reason, Obama doesn’t see fit to mention that their kids go to school together, and as everyone knows, PTA meetings are hotbeds of violent treason. I remember when I was in Junior High, my mom finally quit the Booster Club in disgust because she wanted to hold a raffle to raise money to buy new marching band uniforms, while all the other mothers only wanted to bomb the Phone Company and levitate the Pentagon.
Well, if domestic terrorists aren’t enough reason for you to raise a red flag about Obama, former Sandanista Rebel Leader Daniel Ortega praised Obama’s campaign as “revolutionary.”
Really? There’s an African-American with a serious chance of being elected to the Presidency of the United States, and Ortega considers that“revolutionary?” Hey, Mustache, you might wanna turn down the hyperbole.
But then, generations of TV pitchwomen said the same thing about laundry detergents with enzymes, and that stuff only made thingswhiter.
We don’t mind–actually we like Mr. Obama. We hope he will (win) the election and I do believe he is like John Kennedy, great man with great principle, and he has a vision to change America to make it in a position to lead the world community but not with domination and arrogance…”
… So why do all these people like Obama? Is it that they think he’s amenable to their agenda? Or do they just see him as “green” and inexperienced and malleable?
The question is: Do Americans want someone who — at best– is obviously viewed as so naive and easily influenced running the show, really?
Personally, I’m more comfortable with them blogging about lunch:

My Day

So what’s up with me??
Well, I’ve been following all the news about last night’s Dem debate, as well as the Pope’s visit.
Oh yeah, I also spoke to a group of journalists/politicians from Sweden. That was pretty cool. Following that, I had lunch with Jim “The Show” Eltringham at Lawson’s deli. I had the sandwich called the “Young Republican” (chicken salad and bacon. yum).
I had a very good blog afternoon over at Townhall. Posted like 5 good posts. This gives me a feeling of accomplishment. One of the good things about blogging is that office work often lacks immediate rewards. Unlike someone who “builds” something (a chair, a house, etc.), a lot of time, you can work in an office for weeks without having anything to really “show” for it. But if you post a blog — well that’s one thing you did. (At least, that’s what I tell myself).
I’m looking forward to The Office tonight (did I mention I have an entire blog devoted to that show?).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? I don’t know. But I do know that whoever the guardians of the democratic process are, they sure do like bacon.

11 Responses to “What Is It About Matt Lewis That Attracts Teh Stupid?”

“But if you post a blog — well that’s one thing you did. (At least, that’s what I tell myself).
That and the big-boy poop you made this morning. What grade is Matt in?
Is it a subdural hematoma? Is it his boyish enthusiasm for oddly named sandwiches? Is it an odor?
I thought he had a tendency to panic while making sandwhiches…
Then again, it could just be that he’s the wind, baby; nobody gets him.
Okay, for a while there I was gonna ask what sort of person reads a ham-fisted FAUX “news” item, and then blogs about it as though he’d managed to uncover its partly-obscured truth. But then I read a little further, so never mind.
I do have to point out, in case you missed it, Scott, that he’s muscling in on your territory:
April 06
On Classic Films
I’ve had Netflix for about a year now, and one of my goals is to mix in the occasional “classic” movie. This, of course, is easier to do than reading classic books. About six months ago I, for the first time, saw Citizen Cane. This is embarrassing to admit, inasmuch as the film is considered to be, perhaps, the greatest of all time. Needless to say, I loved it.
Today, I watched another critically acclaimed film, A Streetcar Named Desire. I found it to be less than desirable.
If you have some other suggestions for great old movies I should definitely see, shoot me an email.
Great idea, Matt, but a couple of words long.
But that Desire/desirable thing? Pure comedy gold.
About six months ago I, for the first time, saw Citizen Cane.
Matt was very impressed with this award-winning documentary on walking sticks.
About six months ago I, for the first time, saw Citizen Cane. 
check the date. I think this was in preparation for teh awesome “War on XMAS 2007″ and involved a filmstrip on candy cane production. where’s Joel and the ‘bots when we need them?
About six months ago I, for the first time, saw Citizen Cane.
Now that you’ve acquired a taste for classic cinema, Matt, may I suggest you move on to The Kane Mutiny?
You know, if Obama really had thought he was meeting Angus MacLise of the Velvet Underground, he’d have my vote locked up.
(Not that, as an independent in California, I delude myself that anyone cares about my damn vote.)
Having chicken on a sandwich named after Repubs is quite appropriate isn’t it?
Do this idiot knows that “former Sandinista Rebel Leader” Daniel Ortega is the President of Nicaragua? To mention him with this label is like mention a well-known President as “the former drunkard G…”
And, BTW, did he realize that the answer to his question (if he is actually looking for one) is already in his article? Maybe the “top Hamas political adviser” is speaking for a lot of people when he expects the next President of the USA “change America to make it in a position to lead the world community but not with domination and arrogance.” What else we can expect? Is to lead with no domination or arrogance a weakness?
OK, that was to much analysis for that crap.
Wow – if you’re looking for some perverse, mouth-agape entertainment, check out the comments to Matt’s brilliant analysis.
I can’t stop laughing about the “Young Republican”… that’s right, a sandwich made of chicken salad and pork. Is Matt too stupid to realize when his beloved party is being made fun of? Um, don’t answer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment