The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's Been Going On With Me

Sorry about the lack of posting. I haven’t been feeling too well, and it made my head hurt to try to read anything online, especially stuff written in wingnutese. Meanwhile, I think Scott has been busy taking meetings with the Christian-hating, anal sex-loving, mother-sodomizing harlots who run Hollywood and the nursing homes of Southern California.

But this evening I did prepare a witty, educational, expertly written, detailed post which would have updated you on all the pets, but when I tried to copy it so I could post it, Microsoft Word crashed (I’ve never had THAT particular disaster happen to me before), and I lost it. I blame Nancy Pelosi, whose talk about increasing taxes on the rich caused Bill Gates to stop improving his products.

But here’s an executive summary of the missing post:

1. Buster the Foster Dog got adopted. He reminded a girl of her late, lameted Pomeranian (it must have been a really BIG Pom), and she convinced her family that he was the dog for them, and they took him home, and they all love him. Happy ending for Buster!

And this is the end of my fostering for the rescue group, at least for now, but I will continue to remind people to get their pets spayed and neutered, because the rescue groups can’t save all the healthy, friendly pets that are being euthanized every day just because there are no homes for them.

2. The reason I can’t foster anymore is that I rescued Jake, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel whose elderly owner died, and whom nobody else wanted because he’s a cripple (he was bought at a pet store, which got him from a puppy mill in the midwest, and so it’s no real suprise that he has luxating patellas in his back knees, and now has badly bowed legs.) He can get around, and isn’t in any pain, but he can only walk a couple of blocks at a time, and can’t climb or jump. I’m exploring options for him, but right now at least he’s happy.

3. Everybody else is fine, including Mirabelle, the shelter cat (although she does hold her back leg funny, so I guess she’s still feeling the results of being thrown out of the car — I guess I’m specializing in differently abled pets these days). All the pets want to thank everyone for the support, because they are eating like kings these days (assuming that kings eat premium pet food).

4. Here is a list of people I want to thank, since their financial support has allowed me to achieve my life goal of becoming the neighborhood crazy cat lady:

Robert, Katherine, Linda, David, Jill, Leslie, preznit giv me turkee, D. Sidhe, Edward, Mike, Sue, Robin, Dave, Janice, and the Political Cat.5. Thanks also to Leslie for the copy of her new book Singular Existence. It is great! You should buy a copy! (More about this later.)

6. Thanks also to everyone who bought a copy of our book (especially to Frederick, who bought 3 copies), and to everyone who bought stuff at Amazon by using our portal. God will reward you for your good deeds (even if you are now on a Goverment watch list for them).

7. And I am very grateful to YOU, the Wo’C reader, for sticking around, even during the programming outages.

Please come back tomorrow when we can discuss Michael Medved’s column about why eliminating tax breaks for the richest Americans is tantamount to slavery, and Mary Grabar‘s piece about how that “Macaca’ kid forced her to wait tables to pay her way through college, while he got an new blackberry and “grillwork” on his teeth.

But for now, ponder this Townhall comments on Mary’s column:
Take Back the Government writes: Sunday, January, 07, 2007 2:23 AM
Two can play that game
Conservative college kids who have all the time in the world like these punks should organize protests against these Liberal scumbuckets, too! If the Lobotomous Liberal supports Abortion, they should carry posters of aborted fetuses to remind the idiots at the speech just what they’re voting for and they should shout it out in their face – words like “MURDERER” or “SAVE THE BABY WHALES – KILL THE BABY HUMANS” or “IS THIS WHAT THE DEMS CALL “FAMILY VALUES” or “LIBS WOULD HAVE ABORTED CHRIST IF GIVEN THE CHANCE!” Or, they can show posters of gay marriage and shout “Hey DEMS, what’s next? – Steve and Spot?” or “IS THIS WHAT THE DEMS CALL “FAMILY VALUES???” You have to take the fight tothe Lobotomous Libs; they can not defend their insanity and the word must get out.


Yes, I agree that this is exactly what the conservative college kids should do to show just how crazy the liberals are.

Anyway, see you tomorrow — I am too weak to deal with any more of this kind of thing.

Posted by s.z. on Thursday, January 11th, 2007 at 2:44 am.
 
7 responses to "What's Been Going On With Me"
And the conservatives wonder why we don’t like them.
Mary: The presumption that conservatives are bigots seems to be the reigning belief among young adults
Gee, where would they get an idea like that?
Mary Grabar’s entire column can be summed up in the words of Police Chief Gillespie to Virgil Tibbs:
“Where’d a black boy get a wad of cash like that?”
Reading wingnutese always gives me a headache.
Anyway, see you tomorrow — I am too weak to deal with any more of this kind of thing.
Eeeeexxxxxcellent! Here’s me opportunity!
[ultrasonic whistling sound]
Mwah-ha-ha-haa! That should summon the spambots!
[yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! ]
NOOooooooo o o o o!!!
Dear s.z., I’m renewing my offer of further assistance. Let me know when the pet chow levels drop to replenishable. That’s like yellow alert in DHS terms. Oh, and I bought a copy of your book, and really look forward to reading it. I couldn’t resist peeking at the intro. I’ll intersperse it with MST3K. Oh, and you must review The Baby, with Ruth Roman and Anjanette Comer. Really, you must.
Oh, honey. I’m so fucking sorry that I wasn’t here sooner.
If there’s anything that I can do, please do holler at me. I’ll blogwhore/bookwhore, whatever it is that you need. I’ll plug the donor button, too.
But at least, for a change, I have good news to report on the critter front — aside from Miz Biddy being fine (and we all know why — our very own saint S.Z.), a wonderful woman from CatHaven.org is coming up here next weekend with traps, carriers, et al, for me to capture the feral kitties here at L’Hotel du Fucktards, so that we can get them all spayed & neutered before they hit puberty and spring thaw, and we have an entirely NEW batch of kittens.
If there was a blog award for pure-D, flat-out sainthood (or Satan’s Cheerleaders), it’d be you, S.Z., hands down. You are who I wanna be if I ever grow up.
I just wish to hell that I could do something to help you get better/feel better. Please let me know if/when you need anything. SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment