The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hav a gr8 sumr. C U next Yr

And after desecrating a beloved holiday tradition, I’m taking off for a week to visit my sister and her family in Portland, Oregon, and to try to hunker down and finish a scandalously overdue screenplay.  I’ll try to drop in from time to time, providing I can think of anything to say besides, “Damn, it’s cold!” and “Can we go a single frigging block without a Starbucks or a brewpub, please?”  But if not, let me wish everyone here a wonderful rump holiday season, and a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year.
As always, the World O’ Crap audiences are the best audiences in the world!  G’night folks!
AddThis

8 Responses to “Hav a gr8 sumr. C U next Yr”


Happy Holidays Scott, and I do mean that in the most secular way possible!
Have a great time, Scott. Thanks for “It’s a Wonderful Reinterpretation of a Maddeningly Stupid Movie!” It was fantastically entertaining. And when you get to Portland, you will realize how wrong you were about Starbucks–the very name is anathema in Portland. They all about the local, nonchain business (especially including coffee) in Portland.
And quit talking about my rump.
ha! I just got an old VHS tape of a Jackie Gleason’s American Scene show, and hearing that old signoff for the first time in years was…well, nostalgic. jesus, we were younger then. (3, to be exact.)
Have fun, Scott. Avoid the zoo. It’s a pit right now, they’re remodeling. The Oregon Coast Aquarium down in Newport, though, is well worth the side trip.
Have a lovely visit, Scott, just don’t let all of that natural beauty wear off your natural snarkiness, y’hear?
I’ve always heard such wonderful things and seen such gorgeous pictures about Oregon, and were it not tit-freezing-off weather, I’d be deeply envious of you.
Travel safe and be nice to the locals, y’hear? And ALWAYS tip better than the TOURISTS!
XOXOXO
What I remember most about the Jackie Gleason Show is that CBS ran “The Prisoner”– still the damndest thing I ever saw on network television– as a summer replacement for it in ’68.
Oh, was that off topic?
I think The Prisoner was rerun again the NEXT summer.
Also, between ’68 and ’70 network television showed Vertigo and Rear Window before those movies were put in a vault until the 1980s.
It’s been downhill since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment