The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Shades of Freude

Via the Comics Curmudgeon, more pronunciamuntos from the Moral High Ground…

Ohhhhhhh…my rib.
AddThis

17 Responses to “Shades of Freude”

OMG, that’s an actual MF strip. That’s hilarious!
Finding MF cartoons about drinking is almost as much fun as finding the anti-semitic bits in a Mel Gibson film.
It also makes you wonder whether he was screaming about the Kennedy family when he was hauled off for booking. **snicker**
Heh. I was booted off of Comics Curmudgeon for mentioning “Mallard” too regularly (among the other strips I discussed), which always provoked trollfire, and finally resulted in an indignant, profanity-laced response from someone who–despite posting under a name which had never appeared in the discussions before–claimed to be a long-time participant of CC who was now leaving because of the horrible offense I had caused him. (In fact, most of the flames I got were like that; I suspect it was the same idiot every time threatening to take his ball and go home and never come back. Regulars here familiar with “The Christmas Guys” know how this routine goes…)
I had responded to Tinsley’s reported claims of receiving death threats from “forces” that wanted him to stop “speaking truth to power.” The post that got me banned was actually gentle and lightweight compared to my other foaming rants about Tinsley:
http://joshreads.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=591&sid=ddadfff39125a2a888d86f5c9fc7c9e8
Basically, I suggested he was a delusional attention-whore who probably reported every single piece of hate mail in detail to the FBI, the CIA, the Elks Lodge, and random people at the bus stop.
(The comments that are moved to The Cockpit are removed from context and a bit jumbled, and the quotes and replies can get confused–but I was “Scumbaggioni” for my brief stay there.)
It’s Josh’s blog and he can do as he pleases; still, it’s both gratifyingly vindicating AND mildly irritating to see him doing the exact thing he banned my ass for.
Hey, I wonder if Tinny actually USED this technique when he got pulled over? The thought of Bruce Tinsley claiming to be a Kennedy just tickles the hell out of me.
As Cordelia Chase once said:
“My, but these grapes are sour.”
For some reason, the mugshot reminded me of Dan Aykroyd’s character in “Trading Places” – all that’s missing is the fur coat.
Again, I don’t think Tinsley needed a Ted Kennedy Get Out of Jail Free card. It looks for all the world like he had his own, or his lawyer did:
• The earlier arrest never made the papers.
• This one made the papers ten days later.
• He’s out on miniscule bail.
• He blew a .14. In Indiana, as in several other states, one more hundredth would have increased his possible penalties.
We’ll see what he gets charged with–a Class D felony and some real jail time is possible. In the meantime:
• The Star story was without byline or reporter contact info. I called my friend there to check on it but he’s taking a vacation week. I’m curious where the story came from. Did The Smoking Gun, e.g., call the Sheriff’s office for info first?
• God bless Ted Rall, nice humanitarian gesture an’ all, but having four beers in an hour is not gonna result in a .14. I have no idea how large a man Tinsley is–let’s assume, reasonably I think, that he’s quite small–four beers on an empty stomach might have put him over the limit (.8); he had at least twice that, and then drove a car with a DUI still hanging over him. That’s no longer in the realm of “personal problem”.
“My, but these grapes are sour.”
SWEET Cordi Chase Namecheck, mi amigo!
“I do extremely well on standardized tests”
mikey
You know that strategy always works for me. Tinsley should have used it in real life!
…But then we wouldn’t be able to make fun of him, so I guess it’s good he didn’t.
I also spend my time making long-winded rants about Mallard Fillmore at Comics Curmudgeon, and, oddly, nobody has really batted an eye.
All I can think about with this story though is how much Bruce Tinsley looks like Dan Ackroyd.
That duck’s goose is cooked.
:::doing the wicked little schadenfreude monkey-dance of vindictive karma justice:::
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Mallard, and hate Tinsley even more than the CRAP that he passes off as a “comic strip.”
Hacks like him make all of the REAL editorial cartoonists look less intelligent and less legitimate.
Ann Telnaes could kick his pansy ass with one pen tied behind her Pulitzer-winning ass.
I dunno.
Is it just me?
Casually observing, it seems that Brucey xeroxes no, copies and pastes the Mallard portion of his strip, ‘cos it always looks pretty much the same, and then adds whatever else that day’s strip calls for (which usually isn’t much, ‘cos Brucey is wordy ). I’m not saying that there’s only one Mallard drawing in existence; there are probably at least six or seven. But, the strip has such a lazy, slapped-together look to it. Sure, you can make a case that Scott Stantis is a lousy artist, but at least he actually draws every day’s “Prickly City.” And, Chris Muir masturbates furiously draws the semi-naked women of Day by Day lovingly in their back-injuring poses, and then slaps everything else into place… including dialogue/plot. What I’m saying is that you concentrate on what’s important to you. Considering the overall suck of Mallard Filmore, I think I can guess where Bruce’s interests were.
Muir hires out his artwork, unless I’ve been misled by malicious lefty bloggers.
Art isn’t even an issue here, ’cause there is none. He cuts and pastes from templates he created years ago.
Muir, from what I understand farms out the drawing, and inserts the inane quotes each strip.
Conservative art: it’s the shiznit!
God I miss Bill Watterson.
Is that comic strip even remotely funny?
So he’s saying he handles his own drunk driving arrests better than straw massachusetts liberals do?
and Realist:
oh, my, lord, yes.
give that mug shot a fur coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment