The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Monday, September 12, 2011

R.I.P. Gordon Scott


Actor Gordon Scott has died at the age of 80.  A former bodybuilder best known as the star of a series of mid-to-late 50s Tarzan films, he will always be remembered hereabouts as super secret agent “Bart Fargo” in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 classic, Danger: Death Ray!
 

2 Responses to “R.I.P. Gordon Scott”

Looking at his IMDB listing, I think I vaguely remember some of those Tarzan movies from my misspent youth, though they all kinda blend together. But, then again, so do the Tarzans (other than Johnny Weissmuller, natch).
And I believe I somewhat remember some of those “gladiator” movies, too. ;)
Well, I ‘m going to watch Danger: Death Ray today in his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment