The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Say Hello to Buster

Buster, a Goldern Retriever/Chow Chow mix is my latest foster dog.  You can see his photo and read about him here.  He is a big (about 75 pounds), fluffy (he has his winter coat now, and looks like a big teddy bear — a teddy bear who is shedding) sweetie.  He is very friendly and eager to please, is very easy to walk, and seems to get along well with Yodie, Flossie, and some of the cats (Jet Jaguar, Kit, Bix, and Oliver are fine with him; Bob, Ziggy, and Tibby say they don’t like his looks, but I think time may change that; Andy, the geriatric cat, hasn’t even notice that Buster is here yet, so I think that they’ll do okay.)
So far it’s been fun having a big dog as a “loaner,” but Buster really deserves a good permanent home, so I hope he gets adopted at the next PetsMart event. But for now, I will enjoy this no-commitment relationship.
AddThis

8 Responses to “Say Hello to Buster”


I am very fond of big dogs, personally, but I could see mayhem ensuing in your crowded set-up. Depends a lot on the big dog’s personality, so I hope you’ve lucked out.
The photos are interesting. He hasn’t so much the teddy bear look as a wolfier retriever. Sorta a were-retriever. Neat!
Nice looking guy, wish he was a bit closer.
What a fine-looking dog! I know I say this everytime S.Z. posts pictures of dogs, but I wish I could adopt him.
A good friend has a chow/lab mix and Iggy the dog has a great personality (except for a crotch sniffing habit). Hopefully, Buster will find a good home in a cool climate soon. Iggy is not terribly happy with the hot/steamy Baltimore weather in the summer.
Every time that a critter finds a home, S.Z. gets another set of angel wings.
(You know that I admire the hell out of all that you do, darlin’ heart, but I hadda throw a little post-”Wonderful Life” snark in there, I just couldn’t help myself.)
Buster is a lucky boy! I run a small rescue for special needs dogs and Christmas has not been a good season for Man’s Best Friend. More often tis the season to dump your dog in the pound or along the road so you don’t have to pay that expensive board when you want to spend a week in the sun or go to Aunt Erma’s for some fruitcake and punch.
If any of you have it in your heart to help a special very abused dog, please check out this link and assist if you can. Noelle, didn’t have a very nice Christmas. :( http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.php?t=124769
Upwards of 8 MILLION dogs die in pounds and shelters every year in this country. Please help by adopting or fostering one if you can. You know that you can always use an extra pair of wings.
Peace,
Jane and the Hole in the Wall Gang
Hole in the Wall Rescue
I have a Golden/Chow who is 12 this year. She is one of the best, if not the best dog I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment