The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

March 6, 2005 by s.z.


Virile Man Weekly


Over at Pandagon I have a couple of posts about that 3-man fraternity that is suing to keep gays, non-Christians, and non-virgins out of their group. 

It might interest you (or not) to learn that the church that seems to be the force behind the frat is allied to Doug Giles ClashChurch.  Yes, (as explained by Bartholomew) it's affiliated with Morning Star International, an evangelical/charismatic coalition that started after Maranatha Christian Church fell apart.  And, see, Doug's church is (or was) under the supervision of a Morning Star group called "His People Christian Church," located in South Africa.

And you recall Doug's mentions of all his big-game hunting in South Africa, don't you?
If not, well, his site now features this banner:
How many radio/hotel ministries do YOU know that sell advertising to safaris?  Not many, I bet.
And that brings us to this:
I love studying rebels and rebellion almost as much as I love hunting.  As a matter of fact, one of the peripheral joys that springs from the whole hunting, shooting and gun owning experience is that those who are involved in the shooting sports are looked down upon by the current smarmy elitists.  Thus, every animal I take, every gun I buy, every back strap I eat and every trophy I have taxidermied is not only a celebration of my freedom but also an act of defiance to the thought police who are daily at work to eradicate my right to pursue gun powder happiness.
Ah . . . the little joys in life.
I think it's really sad Doug's spends time (and finds joy) from imagining that his little hobby annoys "smarmy elitists" -- especially since I doubt elitists even know he exists. 

Anyway, our friend Preznitgivmeturkee has suggested some possible illustrations for Doug's columns.  I think this one might be appropriate this time.  (Next time, we'll try to find the right one for Pastor Swank, who didn't retire with BushCountry died, but instead has become a one-man wingnuttery machine.)

P.S. 
And speaking of non sequitors, Krup at Im Just Sayin' Blog has introduced a new feature, The Joey Nichols Club.  He explains it all at his place (hint: a scene from Annie Hall provided the inspiration).
12:42:23 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment