First, let me add my kudos to everyone who entered our “Write Like a Wingnut” contest. In my book (about which you’ll be hearing more in the future), you’re all winners … except that we don’t have to give you a mug. So, you’re the BEST kind of winners.
But special congratulations go out to Simon for an entry that is sure to get him a Regnery book contract.
So, here’s MY idea for a contest: come up with a title for a book that would sound right at home at Regnery, Crown Forum, WorldNetDaily Books, Nelson Publishing, or their ilk. To help you out, here are some actual, real* titles of recent or future releases from these presses:
1. Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity : Get Out the Shovel–Why Everything You Know is Wrong
by 20/20′s John Stossel
2. Godless: The Church of Liberalism
by Ann Coulter
3. The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life
by Ramesh Ponnuru
4. The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised As Freedom
by David Kupelian
5. War Crimes : The Left’s Campaign to Destroy Our Military and Lose the War on Terror
by Robert “Buzz” Patterson
6. Whitewash : How the News Media Are Paving Hillary Clinton’s Path to the Presidency
by L. Brent Bozell, Tim Graham
7. Warriors for the West : Fighting Bureaucrats, Radical Groups, and Liberal Judges on America’s Frontier
by William Perry Pendley
8. The Global War on Your Guns : Inside the UN Plan To Destroy the Bill of Rights by Wayne LaPierre
9. The Shadow Party : How Hillary Clinton, George Soros, and the Sixties Left Took Over the Democratic Party
by David Horowitz, Richard Poe
10. Culture Warrior : How I Personally Saved Our Culture by Saying Mean Things About Activist Judges, Non-Activist Judges, Godless Liberals, Film Critics Who Don’t Like Mel Gibson Movies, Department Stores Who Made Baby Jesus Cry, Rappers, Women Who Tape My Harassing Phone Calls, and the Entire Mainstream Media
by Bill O’Reilly
And so on. (I think you’re starting to see the pattern.)
Now it’s time to make up your own title. The winner won’t get an actual prize, per se, but may get a gig as one of the ghost writers for O’Reilly’s book.
*Okay, I made up part of the title of Bill’s book, because he violated wingnut literary protocol by failing to use a colon. He should be ashamed of himself!
Posted by s.z. on Friday, May 12th, 2006 at 2:27 am.