The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Of Pots, Kettles, and Glass Houses

Okay, so some right-wing bloggers decided to have a get-together. Fine, more power to them. It gives them something to do on a Friday night, and gets them out of Mom’s basement so that she can clean up the Cheetoh crumbs and Mountain Dew cans.

But then some ”studly and talented” guy podcasts the thing for Michelle Malkin’s Windbag Media empire, and then Michelle and others hype the event in terms that make it sound, well, really lame. And then this lefty blogger (a man whom all women want, and all men want to be, and some men also want, and some women also want to be) happens to note this. So, the videoblogger guy (who must Google his name every hour or so) makes this comment on the lefty’s blog [Note: comment edited to protect the children]:
Dude. You’re a mid-fifties Kristofferson wannabe throwing around “nerd” comments.
On your blog.
Oh, the flipping irony. So rich I can practically taste the nougat!
Aside from the fact that nougat, which is made from whipped egg whites and sugar, isn’t particularly rich, I don’t think that somebody who posts this photo of himself should be making any aspersions about someone else’s wannabe-ism.
jeff1502.jpg

(I’m not quite sure who he wants to be.  My first guess is Dustin Hoffman in Midnight Cowboy, but I’m probably wrong.  So your ideas are welcomed.)

P.S. “Sister Toldjah” adivses that she hasn’t seen the video yet, but she’s “sure it’s good – the comments are already rolling in to confirm its bloggy goodness [Smiley Face].”

Now, I haven’t seen it yet either (I also avoid “American Idol,” because watching sad and pathetic people humilate themselves doesn’t do anything for me), but I did read the comments. Here are some that confirm Jeff’s bloggy goodness:
love the drink count. kennedy-esque was my favorite. But jeff, don’t ‘cha think comparing the blogging phenom to martin luther and the protestant reformation is a bit of a stretch??
The drink count was classic. I am glad he never got to the “anti-semitic level”. Another stellar report, Jeff.
When I grow up I wanna be just like Jeff.
5 year anniversary of 911 coming up and the bloggers are in a drunken stupor playing kissy kissy with each other! Great! Looked like fun!
5 year anniversary of 911 coming up and the bloggers are in a drunken stupor playing kissy kissy with each other! Great! Looked like fun!     You’re right. We should maintain mournful silence for weeks, or even months, before the anniversary. Or FOREVER!
Allahpundit

First: Great CJR, though I miss the yellow teeth and cut-offs. And a shout-out to my former LADN colleague, Linda Seebach.
Second. To the critics, thanks for the feedback. But this site is not just MMTV. It never was and never will be. This is Hot Air, a full-service Internet broadcasting network and blog. You will still have me Venting, but we are seeking out the widest variety of talented vloggers, Citzen Journalists, and creative conservative producers and providing them a revolutionary platform made possible by the Internet revolution. And my credit cards. :)
I’m honored to have Jeff and DaF on board. Someday, when they have their own cable TV show, you’ll be able to say you saw them here first. If CJR is not to your liking, here’s a handy piece of advice: Do not hit the play button on the video.
 – Michelle
When Jeff has his own cable TV news show, then I will be the first to toast him with rich, eggy nougat. 
And when HotAir (“A full-service Internet broadcasting network and pancake house”) is actually mistaken for MTV, I will buy Michelle a 3 Musketeers bar.

12 Responses to “Of Pots, Kettles, and Glass Houses”

Not MTV, MMTV: Michelle Malkin Televison. See everyone’s favorite Anchor Baby rail on immigrants 24/7! Of course, like MTV, they’ll forget their original purpose and just play reality shows featuring hard-bodied twenty-somethings all day. We can only hope.
Oh man. I just came from there. Had to post this little comment on tboggs thread:
Remember cringing whenever your parents tried to sound “hip” and “with it” by using some young sounding “slang” around you and your friends? Remember?
I just had a flashback of that cringe reading this:
Funniest line: “An Army of Steves.” It’s a blogger thang.
Oh and Jeffy:
Dude. You’re a mid-fifties Kristofferson wannabe throwing around “nerd” comments.
On your blog.
First, cringe flashback. AGAIN. Second–
Bra. You’re a loser who GOOGLES for mentions of his name. On blogs. And probably so you can mention those on your blog.
That ain’t irony, pasty white boy. That’s your own backwash.
I assume Mary meant “bro” but either way is probably reasonable. Studly, the man is not.
And I find myself actually in agreement with the sarcasm from the bigoted asshole whose name I cannot bring myself to type twice in as many days. It’s the Boraxo and SOS Pads for me.
Actually, I did mean “bra” (or as it is also spelled “brah”). Its a slang of “bro” used in Hawaii, mainly.
I thought about using “bro”, but that seemed tired sounding, so I went for the twister roo.
And I get what you’re saying, D. But come on– having a blog AND googling for your name on a regular basis pretty much cancels out any right you might feel to make a negative comment on someone else’s percieved “nerdiness”
I assume he means Kris Kristofferson. Not a bad person to be a wanna be of. I mean I think the man is hot.
He has also been brilliant in John Sayles’ movies.
If TBogg is a Kristofferson wannabe, I hope it’s the Kristofferson that wrote “Why Me, Lord” and not the one in Cisco Pike. Whew, what a stinker. Oh well, at least it had Doug Sahm in it.
And did Goldstein ever get him a job to help pay for the new housing accomodations he and HIS FAMILY have to rustle up, or is he still begging for cash from liberals?
It’s “bra” on the WestBank of New Orleans, as well as the white-flight suburbanite redneck-fratboy/yuppie-white-trash in Metairie.
I don’t know why, that’s just how they say it. “Southern casual elan,” I would imagine.
And he’s trying to be the more-cracker version of Jamie Kennedy, who is, on average, about as funny as a wet fart in pantyhose.
And lastly:
“we are seeking out the widest variety of talented vloggers, Citzen Journalists, and creative conservative producers
Wow. I knew that Michele was as clueless and blind as they come (and that’s being GENEROUS to that racist, self-loathing, recidivist SLAVE bitch), but does she never actually READ what she “writes”(gack!)???
I’m serious as a heart attack here — did she just cut & paste that phrase in there from her “bio”, and never ONCE look at the COMPLETE THOUGHT?!?!?!
Fucking tags. Still out to get me.
this site is not just MMTV
Must Miss TV?
“creative conservative producers” – I somehow sense a contradiction in terms here… And, what the heck is a “vlogger”, anyway?
My apologies, mary. Slang has a tendency to outpace me.
And it was the other bigoted asshole I was vaguely in agreement with:
You’re right. We should maintain mournful silence for weeks, or even months, before the anniversary. Or FOREVER!
Although it’s an entertaining bit of sarcasm from the Gaaah! A brown person on an airplane! Quick, everybody vote republican or Tinkerbell dies! front.
Ohm ygod! It’s David Koresh’s stupider brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment