The World O' Crap Archive

Welcome to the Collected World O' Crap, a comprehensive library of posts from the original Salon Blog, and our successor site, world-o-crap.com (2006 to 2010).

Current posts can be found here.

Friday, January 21, 2011

April 30, 2006 by s.z.


Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


As a special treat for you, the folks, here's another chapter in the high-adrenaline, "24"-esque adventure that is my life.

First, the fence guys never came back to install the fencing.  (I'm sure you're shocked, SHOCKED, to learn that contractors didn't shop up when they said they would, but I assure you that it really happened.)  But at least they installed the fence posts, which gives the place that Stonehenge quality I've been seeking.  (You know, I bet that's what Stonehenge was after all -- an unfinished fence.)

Second, I had to give Zorro back to the rescue group.  He growled at every single person we met.  He snapped at the cats.  He bit my sister.  And, he was making Yodie really anxious with all that humping (he never let up).  I just didn't feel like I could keep him under the circumstances.  While I feel kind of bad at not being up to the challenge, I did give a donation which will help the group keep him in style until they find a suitable owner for him. (I suggested a hermit who has no other dogs, never associates with the neighbors, and has no sisters.)  Plus, I got him cleaned up and semi-housetrained, so the rescue lady thanked me for helping to make him more adoptable.   All in all,  it was a character-building experience for all concerned.

Despite the overbearing attentions of Zorro, Yodie still seemed eager for a  canine companion (and the cats still needed a break from all the ear tugging and wrestling that he inflicted upon them), so  . . . .
yesterday I got a puppy.  Here's a photo:

 


(She's much more adorable than this photo would indicate, but I couldn't get her to sit still and stop chewing the camera cord long enough to get anything better.)

She's an 11-week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Blenheim model.  I got her from a breeder who was willing to give me a deal because her markings don't conform to the standard (she has the "mask" over only one eye.)  So, as Scott C. described her, she's a factory second.  But she is the cutest puppy ever, and is very, very sweet and eager to please (she makes a nice contrast from Yodie, who is very cute, and very, very mischievous and eager to bring down civilization as we know it.)  My mother suggested that I name her Flossie, in honor of my late grandmother Florence (who was also very amiable and sweet-natured, but who had shorter ears and a didn't chew up newspapers.)  So, that will probably be ner name.
Later I will tell you about our misadventure with the ants, but my doggie masters have awoken, and are demanding walkies.

But speaking of changes, tomorrow we will announce what may possibly be the biggest news in the history of the world (of crap)!.  Stay tuned.

3:54:13 PM    

No comments:

Post a Comment